Menu

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
line950

Monday, April 22, 2013

Lasting Color

Does your hair seem to lose it's color fast? Here in AZ we need touch ups way faster then other states because the #1 reason for hair color fading is HEAT! Nooooooo what's a girl to do? Well we can't do much about our rising temperatures outside but you can take other steps to save your locks. Make sure you use a heat protectant every time before you blow dry, straighten, or curl your hair. Hair products are there for a reason......use them. Another way to beat the heat is to let your hair air dry as much as possible. Now there's no way I could possibly let my hair totally air dry but what I do is wash my hair and keep it in a towel until I put lotion on and get dressed. Then I brush it out, apply my hair products, and start my makeup. I do everything I need to get ready and then once I am completely done except my hair, I blow dry it the rest of the way so I use less heat then if I started right after washing it. Hope this helps the ladies out there with colored tresses!!! Ps, if you use bleach on your hair to lighten it then heat won't cause fading but using less heat will still help prevent damaging.


No comments:

Post a Comment