Shrimp on the Barbie
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 6 large shrimp, thawed if frozen
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- minced fresh parsley
- Get the grill very hot with the highest heat setting possible. If you’re using a charcoal grill, they’re ready as soon as the coals are covered in white ash.
- Mix together the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, chili powder, sugar, cayenne pepper and allspice in a small bowl.
- If the shrimp still have their shells on, remove them, leaving a small bit at the tail.
- Remove the black vein running down the back of the shrimp.
- Run a skewer through the middle of the shrimp (not lengthwise).
- Continue to do this with each shrimp until you have 6 on each skewer. The shrimp should be nestled together with each other.
- Lay the shrimp on a plate and squeeze fresh lemon juice onto them.
- Liberally brush the shrimp with melted butter.
- lightly sprinkle the seasoning over the shrimp, being careful to not use too much.
- Place the shrimp on the grill with the seasoning side down.
- Brush more melted butter on the shrimp as it cooks on the grill and sprinkle this side with the seasoning as well.
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes and flip.
- Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill and serve them on or off the skewers.
- Sprinkle lightly with fresh parsley.
The shrimp on the skewers
Asher helping daddy grill and being messy
The chard parts are the yummiest!!!