Menu

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
line950

Monday, November 26, 2012

Balsamic Chicken

Remember when I tried the juicing craz? Haha that was a funny joke......it's even harder then being vegan! I did it for two days and almost died from hunger and headaches. I decided this was not the best idea for me. I love getting all the nutrients in that most people lack but every meal was way too intense. Now I am just trying to do it once a day for either breakfast or lunch and stick to healthy meals the rest of the time.

Last night I decided to try a new recipe that sounded amazing........and it was! I found the recipe from Pinterest but it is originally from The Food Network. It is a MUST try and will make your taste buds, tummy, and conscious happy!

Balsamic Chicken with Baby Spinach



Ingredients:

1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
3 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
2 (8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
8 Ounce Baby Spinach
2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
1/3 Cup Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
1 Cup Low-Sodium Canned Chopped Tomatoes with Juice {I didn't use this because the hubby and I both hate tomatoes}
2 Cups Whole Wheat Couscous, Cooked {I had whole wheat quinoa so I used that instead}

Directions:

Cook couscous according to packaging directions and set aside.

Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through and juices run clear. Remove the chicken and set aside. To the same pan, add the spinach and cook just until wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. Lower the heat to medium and add the balsamic vinegar and chicken broth to the pan and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove any browned bits. Add the tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook 3 to 5 minutes.

Place the couscous in a serving bowl. Top with the spinach, chicken and balsamic-tomato sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment