Menu

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
line950

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Snack Attack!

If you read my last post, you know that I'm on a diet/healthy eating lifestyle change. I am in a fabulous bootcamp where I can bring my little man with me and have also been working out on my own. When I am eating healthy and exercising regularly, I feel like a totally different person. I have tons of energy, don't need caffeine, and never feel guilty at the end of the day. I love it and want to keep this up for the rest of my life, not only for myself, but for my son as well. Obesity in children is a HUGE deal these days and I don't want to set Asher up for failure later in life because I couldn't start him out with good eating habits.

In our house snacking is the hardest battle. My little nugget LOVES to eat and he would snack all day long if he could. I am trying to make these hot summer months to come fun and healthy at the same time. We will be splashing and playing in the water almost everyday and snacking on flavorful yummy stuff that makes Asher and mommy happy. Baby A has lately decided to become a vegetarian and he normally only wants to eat fruits and veggies which is a plus in my book. I do however make him eat chicken, fish, or turkey whenever I can {God willing it doesn't turn into a food throwing battle} So here are some summer treats that are sure to make your mouth water and your tummy smile! Happy snacking


Yummy frozen watermelon popsicle sticks!


Another fun way to eat watermelon, kids can pick out any shape they want!


Spicy stir-fry snap peas


Grilled pineapple, yes please


Spicy hummus with your favorite veggies


Frozen grape kabobs. Im pretty sure these will be Asher's new fav!


Chicken salad made with avocado instead of mayo.....amazing idea


Pineapple, banana, and coconut milk smoothie popsicles


Roasted Edemame


Fruit Salad


Zucchini Chips, I want to make these ASAP!!!


I had one of these the other day for a hearty snack when I skipped breakfast and it filled me up for only about 150 calories. It was so yummy and healthy!!!

Pics Via



No comments:

Post a Comment