Menu

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
line950

Monday, April 30, 2012

The "Marci Diet"

So if you guys have been following me you know that awhile back I went vegan for 1 month. I LOVED it, but it was so hard and you really can't eat out anywhere except for like a handful of restaurants! Yeah, that didn't really jive with my lifestyle. {I am an extreme eater outer hehe} Well, I now found this awesome new diet/lifestyle that will work a little bit better for me and my tummy. It's called the Pescetarian Diet. It is almost the exact same as vegetarian except you can eat fish! Yay some kind of meat!!! I seriously could never live without seared ahi tuna again. I am changing it up a little though. I am trying to lose weight not feel bad for a cow so every once in awhile I will be eating white meat as long as it's in a healthy dish. Also, the diet says that you can eat dairy but most of it is high in calories and fat so that's definitely out for me. It allows eggs as well but I only eat egg whites which are super healthy and high in protein so another plus! I am really excited with the changes that I have seen in my body and energy since starting my new lifestyle change. I am working out which has helped tighten my body. I gave up caffeine which I thought would kill me but actually showed me that your body doesn't actually need it! Also, my healthy eating has given me tons of energy and I never feel that horrible stuffed and bloated feeling. When eating good, you become full but always feel great. And bonus.......the better you eat, the flatter your tummy gets! A-MAZ-ING!!! Here is a recipe that is "Marci Diet" friendly and super duper delicious. I mentioned it the other day HERE, and it was a huge hit. Have a healthy start to your week everyone and happy Monday!


Grilled Pineapple:

All you need is a grill, pineapple, and wooden skewers!

Directions:

Before you start, you need to soak the wooden skewers in water for 20-30 minutes. {This helps them not catch on fire while on the grill} You need to slice a ripe pineapple so that the pieces are long and not too thick. When I did it, there were quite a few that where in triangles which is totally fine. Next, slide the pineapple onto the skewers like the picture above. Make sure your grill is extremely hot before you place them on because you don't want to leave them on too long, just enough to char the outside a little. I can't give you an exact time but just watch them while on the grill and turn them once each side starts to char. That's it, seriously so simple and totally delish! Did I mention how healthy it is? Each skewer only has about 40 calories! You can't beat that.



No comments:

Post a Comment