Menu

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
line950

Friday, June 3, 2011

Yum Yum in my Tum Tum

I have decided to give cooking a try as of late and I think I might like it. It isn't as hard as I thought it would be and if I have a recipe, I am quite good! I tried one of my new favorite recipes a few days ago here, and now I have another. This one was very easy and I just kind of came up with it on my own. I made three different dishes, one was pesto tortellini, another was fresh fruit with yogurt and honey dressing, and lastly mini pizzas. I didn't have a recipe for these because like I said, I made them up myself so it wont be exact, just experiment with it yourself.

Pesto Tortellini:

Ingredients:
1 package of tortellini (I used a mix of regular and the spinach tortellini)
1/3 Cup Pre-made pesto sauce (I use the Costco brand)
2 Tablespoons Olive oil

Directions:
Cook tortellini as instructed on package. While it is cooking in the boiling water, mix the pesto sauce and olive oil in bowl. Depending on how you like the consistency of your sauce, add more pesto sauce or olive oil if needed. Remember though, the pasta will have some water left on it once it is done cooking so make sure you don't add too much olive oil. After draining the tortellini, combine the pasta and sauce and serve hot.


Fruit and Yogurt Dressing:

Ingredients:
1 Cup watermelon
1 Cup strawberries (you can use and SWEET fruit of your choice)
1 Small container of non-fat Greek yogurt
3 Tablespoons honey

Directions:
In a bowl combine yogurt and honey. Depending on how sweet you want your dressing add more yogurt or honey if needed. Slice fruit into bite sized pieces and combine with dressing. You can either mix it all together, serve with the dressing on the side, or just add the yogurt on top. Serve cold. (I added the dressing on top and served in individual bowls)


Mini Pizzas:

Ingredients:
(you can use whatever you want on yours but this is what I used for ours)
4 pieces of sliced salami
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup pre-made alfredo sauce
1/4 cup pre-made marinara sauce
2 Oroweat whole wheat sandwich thins

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Separate the sandwich thins so that they are face up in 4 pieces on a non-stick baking sheet. I added the alfredo sauce to 2 pieces of bread and the marinara sauce to the other 2 pieces. Then, I topped all 4 with the mozzarella cheese. I then ripped the salami into pieces and placed it on top of the cheese on all 4 pieces. Next, put the baking sheets into the oven to cook for 8-10 minutes. You want to cook them just until the cheese starts to brown around the edges. Take out of oven and let cook for a few minutes, then serve.


I hope you all enjoy and get creative with your ingredients on the mini pizzas, the options are endless! Happy Friday and I wish you an amazing weekend.......Loves

No comments:

Post a Comment