Menu

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
line950

Sunday, October 16, 2011

You are my Sunshine

Let me just start off by saying I am writing this blog in my pjs, my hair up in a messy top knot, with a sore throat so bad I can barely speak, a horrible cough, and load of medicine to hopefully fight off this cold by tomorrow. Doesn't that sound super sexy? Haha NOT! Since today is a very bad day added onto a very bad week, I decided to bring some sunshine back into my life and share with all of you the craft I finished that I absolutely LOVE! I hope you can try some form of this in your home and have a happy and healthy {for the rest of you} Sunday.......GO STEELERS!

Ok so I started off with a plain white canvas board that I picked up from Hobby Lobby in a two pack for $7.99 and then it was 50% off! SCORE!


Then I used some fabulous fabric to cover the entire canvas and used a staple gun to attach the fabric to the wood on the backside of the board.


Isn't this fabric the cutest!?


Then I used clear packaging tape {you can also use duct tape or any other tape that is the width that you want your stripes to be} to section off where I wanted my future stripes on the board to be. In the middle I used letter stickers to add one of my fav sayings, "you are my sunshine my only sunshine."


You can see the quote better in this picture {make sure you like the font of the stickers you choose!} Next I used black spray paint and sprayed the ENITRE board till it was a solid black. Don't forget to spray paint all around the edges also.


Then you remove the tape and stickers and your amazing fabric will be standing out from the black!


This is the perfect focal point in the center of my new picture wall of my baby boy Asher and our little family! You can use any fabric, quote, or color of spray paint to make it your own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment