Menu

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
line950

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

You make me drool

So I have to admit, I have a small addiction to Carrabba's Italian Grill. The smell when you walk in the front door, their creamy Caesar salad, and best of all they are the only restaurant I have found that carry the baby bottle of Korbel Brut champagne {my obsession!} When you first sit down their friendly waiters bring you a plate of herbs. The aroma draws you in and once they pour the fresh olive oil over them....forget it, you're done and will be stuffing your face with all the carbs you promised yourself you weren't going to eat. Now I'm all for cutting carbs but I would throw my diet to the curb, stomp it to pieces, then pour boiling hot water over it to make sure I could nosh on this amazing herb dip. I have been searching high and low for a recipe similar to Carrabba's to make at home and VUALA I found one!!! Not only is it similar to theirs, but it tastes EXACTLY the same. Yes you read right I have found the holy grail for all you Carrabba's lovers out there. I tried this the first time when we had some friends over for dinner and it was a huge hit. Make it for just you and your significant other or for a holiday party, either way you will be the fav of the night and be receiving lots of calls for the recipe. Here you are lovers, enjoy!

Carrabba's Bread Dipping Spices

Makes 1/4 cup

Ingredients:
2 tbsp. chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. dried basil (or 1 tbsp. fresh-if using fresh reduce parsley to 1 tbsp.)
1/8 tsp. dried rosemary (or 1/2 tsp. fresh)
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper (or 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes)
1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/8 tsp. fresh lemon juice

Directions:
Place all ingredients except olive oil & lemon in a blender or food processor and chop until all ingredients are similar in size. Stir in the olive oil & lemon juice.

For Serving:
In a small dish, place 1 1/2 tsp. spice mixture. Pour 3-4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil over top of the spice mixture. Serve with french bread for dipping.

Now when I did my version of this recipe I did not use any parsley or lemon juice and I used FRESH basil. Oh and a little bit of advise, the second time I made this recipe I did measure the salt and just eyeballed it......big mistake! It was so salty that the hubby and I could barely eat it. Please please please measure your salt EXACTLY.

Pic and Recipe Via

No comments:

Post a Comment