Menu

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
line950

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Disaster to Masterpiece

Hello hello blogging world! As I told you here I had some major wrong turns on my craft DAY which turned into a craft WEEK. I found a way to turn it into something I love even though I had to journey down a new path of decorating with it. I hope you all enjoy my disaster of a project that I turned into a masterpiece that I love! Let me know that you think and have a super weekend!!!


I started with this AMAZING Ikea frame that I got awhile ago and wanted to do something different with it. I had the fabulous idea to paint the glass with chalkboard paint and turn it into a one of a kind chalkboard for my kitchen!


Here are the three things I used


This is after the first coat. Once it dried I realized the brush left brush stroke marks and I had to get a roller and redo it on the other side of the glass


While attempting to put the glass back into the frame I cracked it....NNNNNOOOOO! Why did this have to happen to me? I was stumped on what to do with this oval frame that I now had no glass to go inside it. I had a quirky idea and I think it turned out pretty awesome if I do say so myself!


Ta-Daaaaaa! I put another frame that had glass for a picture inside of my amazing oval frame. I love the mix of the rectangle frame inside of the oval one adding edges and circles all at once! 



PS-Do you see my "C" pumpkin that I put out? Yes, the Halloween decorating has begun! Next I will be showing you my TO DIE FOR Halloween crafts that came together without a hitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment