Menu

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
line950

Friday, November 18, 2011

MY Famous Mashed Potoates

So now that I consider myself a full fledge chef I have been making up my own recipes. One that my husband is going absolutely nuts over is my new and improved mashed potatoes. I made up this recipe completely on my own and think it's fabulously delish! It is very easy and uses ingredients everyone keeps in their house. Try it out yourself and let me know what you think!

Marci's Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients:

2 medium Russet Potatoes
1/4 cup 1% Milk
1/4 cup Monterey Jack and Cheddar Cheese
1 Tablespoon Butter
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Salt

Directions: 

Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes. Next put the potatoes into a large pot of water and turn stove to high. Let the water boil then turn down to a simmer and cover the pot with a lid. Let cook for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Once the potatoes are soft, drain the water from the pot and add milk, cheese, butter, pepper, and salt. Use a hand held mixer to whip all the ingredients together. I mix my potatoes extra long because I hate any types of chunks. Taste the mashed potatoes and see if you need extra pepper or salt. I always add extra {and always used fresh ground pepper and salt} of both which is what gives my potatoes a kick. My husband and I love pepper and things a little spicy. If you aren't a fan of pepper you might want to add the pepper gradually instead of putting the full 1/4 teaspoon in at the beginning. I hope you love these mashed potatoes as much as our household does and remember......you can never whip your potatoes too much!

I am heading up to my cabin tonight with the fam so I won't be posting for a few days. I hope everyone has a fun filled weekend and I will post pics of our fun times in the snow as soon as we get back! Happy Friday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment