Menu

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
line950

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 2 Recipe

Today I changed our planned dinner a little bit because I just cant get over how yummy my green sandwich was that I made a the cabin. I told you about it here and I have not stopped thinking about it since. Jd wasn't the biggest fan the first time he tried it so this round I knew I needed to add an extra little something to peak his interest. Today I added some turkey bacon for my meat loving husband. The result? A HUGE success! He loved and even told me that since eating healthy could taste this good two days in a row he was going to follow my lead and join the Skinny Bitch revolution....well our version at least. Here is the yummy sandwich straight from our table to yours....enjoy lovers!!!

Jd's Turkey Bacon Sandwich: {This one's named after you baby!}

Serves 2 people

Ingredients:

8 pieces of turkey bacon
1 avocado
About 1 cup of spinach
2 leafs of lettuce
About 2 tablespoons of pesto sauce
4 slices of whole wheat french bread {I thinks that what type it was}

Directions:

Toast bread in a toaster oven. While the bread is toasting cook the turkey bacon in a skillet/pan on the stove until crispy. When both are done, layer one piece of bread with one leaf of lettuce, then four pieces of turkey bacon, then half of an avocado, then about a 1/2 cup of spinach, then add about a tablespoon of pesto sauce to another piece of bread {or enough to cover the top slice of bread.} Repeat to make the second sandwich and that's it! A super simple, and super yummy dinner for two. Happy Tuesday!


Final product



The fabulous sandwich and my new reading material! I finally got this book and LOVE it. Full of tons of fashion knowledge and all kinds of tips from packing your suitcase to keeping your jeans blue. Go grab a copy and indulge in a "fashion" guilty pleasure.

Just incase you were wondering this is the original sandwich I was going to try out. A turkey bacon, avocado, and apple panini.



No comments:

Post a Comment