Menu

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
line950

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Closet Clean-Up

I am very lucky to have a huge walk-in closet in our house. It's part of the reason why we bought it! I know there are a lot more important things when choosing where you want to live but for me it's probably #3 haha. I have a lot of clothes and a lot of shoes and they need room to breathe. I want to be able to look at everything I have right in front of me and I am really annoyed when I have to put my clothes in drawers. The only clothes {other then socks, undies, and swimsuits} that I have to put into a drawer are my pj's and shorts. I hang all my clothes and line all my shoes up to see them.  From left the right my clothes go: tube tops, halters, spaghetti straps, tank tops, t-shirts, 3/4 sleeves, longs sleeves. Yeah those are just my tops. Next comes my jackets, then skirts, then jeans. Finally there are my dresses and tiny little section that Jd gets. Sorry baby but you know I need a lot of room. The rest of Jd's clothes are in the quest bedroom closet.

Anyway, back to MY clothes. Every section of my closet is color coordinated. Everything goes: white, cream, yellow, orange, pink, red, purple, blue, green, brown, and finally black {which is always the biggest section out of the colors.} With my jeans they go from lightest to darkest. I know I know, I'm pretty crazy when it comes to my closet. Once I completely clean my closet, I have OCD and if there is a long sleeve shirt in with my tank tops I literally can't stop thinking about it until I put it back. Now, with that being said, I try on so many things each day and don't always have time to hang them up that things get messy very VERY fast. There is no in between when it comes to my closet, it's either perfectly clean or a total disaster! Yup, that's another one of those weird Marci things I keep talking about. So here it is, the good the bad and the ugly that comes with my closet and it's many clothing options. Don't judge the before photos {even though I know you will because it's scary!}


This is the mess that was right next to my side of the bed on the floor, yeah I'm so messy it spills into the bedroom and not just in the closet


There are always hangers EVERYWHERE!!!


I just hang random things in random places when I am in a rush


At least I can can see a few things this way :)


Yup, bags and clothes all over the floor

Now that you are officially scared do you want to see what happens after an entire day of my grandma babysitting Asher and about 5 diet sodas? 


Much better!


Yes this is Jd's one little section


My shirts color coordinated


My flat shoes {these pics are from the floor up to the top shelf of my shoes}


The wedges


A few more wedges and the start of my heels


An entire shelf of black heels!


More heels


Brown boots


Black boots 

Ok are you all not as disgusted with me anymore? See I am not a total slob and I can clean up when I need to. If you ask Jd, he would tell you that our house is a never ending pile of clothes everywhere you look. The laundry seems to never be done and if I trip over one more pair of shoes I will probably break my leg! I am going to try to be more organized in 2012 and simplify {everything other then my closet.} This way if everything else is in order I won't feel as bad if this one area is out of control. Does that make any sense? Probably not but in Marci land it does! Thanks for taking a journey through my messy mornings of getting ready with me and I hope you are cleaner then I am!


No comments:

Post a Comment