Menu

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
line950

Monday, December 26, 2011

Asher's First Christmas!

Well the votes are in.......yes Asher is the most spoiled little boy in the whole wide world! He made out like a bandit for Christmas and being the best baby, Santa brought him tons of stuff. Our two day extravaganza started off at the in-laws house for Christmas Eve brunch. Being the adult child that Jd is, he insisted his mom let us three open one gift each like he got to when he was a little boy. Asher got a huge stuffed animal duck, Jd got some yummy coffee, and my fabulous hubby gave me a new {and much larger} memory card for my camera! Yay that was the perfect first gift to start off our Christmas. We hung out with them for a few hours and then headed over to my grandparents house for Christmas Eve dinner. We stuffed ourselves and were then ready for the craziness to begin. We are Swedish/Norwegian and my mom's side has always opened half of their presents on Xmas Eve and half on xmas day. Being the awesome traditionalists that we are {and greedy little bastards} we dug right in and opened gift after gift. People don't actually believe me when I say it's an entire event at our house for Christmas, but it truly is! We eat at 5:30 and don't get done till around 9. And by getting done I mean just finishing opening the gazillion of presents. Insert gasp here.

Next is Christmas Morning. We woke up to our beautiful baby boy sleeping in and not waking up once at night! We wore him out the night before. Then the hubs, Asher, and I opened our stockings. Santa brought Asher bubbles, a soft baseball, new socks, and lots of cars! We didn't have to change seeing as how we wore our Xmas pj's and headed right over my parents house. We noshed on my dad's amazing Christmas breakfast that he whips up every year and started opening more presents! We got tons of amazing stuff but the best gifts of all included the TW STEEL watch I got for JD, the leather jacket my parents got me, and my to die for Christian Louboutins from my perfect man! I love love love him! Asher also scored with a cozy tikes truck from santa. After packing up boxes of gifts, we drove over to JD's parents house. We opened more presents and then ate a yummy Christmas dinner. I feel like it's all a blur. So many gifts, so much amazing family time, and so many calories headed straight for my thighs! After dinner we celebrated with some champagne and the Bears game! We are so lucky to have such amazing families and the fact that we are able to spend the holidays with all of them! Thank you all and we are so happy to spend Asher's first christmas ever with the people we love most!!!


Getting ready to open his present and JD's parents house on xmas eve


Aw my snuggle bunny


He loved pulling tissue paper out of the bags!


In my santa suit at great grandma and grandpas house


Their little photo shoot


He is obsessed with my grandpa


So excited for lots of presents!


Uncle drew and auntie michelle with little santa


Asher buddy grandpa


Xmas Eve Gifts


Grandma and Asher boy


Our little families first Christmas Eve


Opening his stocking!


Investigating his bubbles


Perfection


LOVE LOVE LOVE CHRISTMAS


More snuggle time in our Xmas jammies!


His first gift was his favorite of the whole day!


wrestling with his lion pillow pet.....thanks grandma and grandpa hill


Jd opening his tw steel watch he has wanted for three years!


He was so excited to get it, look at the grin


Oh I am one happy momma with my christian louboutins!


Asher playing with his new toys in his christmas pj's


Look what I found mom


One of his hundreds of trucks that he got


Thanks grandma hill for my awesome sweater!


Have you ever seen anything so perfect?


He absolutely loves his new cozy tikes truck!


Yes I let him play with his truck in the house.....he's the boss


Learning to be a handy man with daddy as he puts asher's toys together


He thinks he's a big boy already and can build stuff!

We are so blessed and didn't need any of this stuff but we are grateful to have received it. Thank you so much to our family, friends, and God for everything. May we be as blessed with this next year coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment